Customer Case Study: Zimmer
Zimmer is a global provider of orthopaedic products and instruments based in Shannon, Co Clare.
1. What challenges in your business influenced you to look for a mobile supplier?
Due to the nature of our business it is vital there is no production downtime. All department managers, supervisors and support personnel need to be contactable offsite in case of emergency. Also a lot of department managers travel a lot so their mobile devices allow them keep up to date with company emails and make calls on the go.
2. How long have you been with Totterdells?
3. What criteria did you have in mind when looking for a mobile supplier?
Value for money, reliability and quality of service were the main attributes required.
4. How did you search for a new supplier?
At the time there would have been three main mobile providers in the market and Totterdells offered the best value for money.
5. Tell me about some solutions/offers you considered but rejected?
The main challenger Vodafone did not have sufficient roaming, data and call charges to meet our needs. I am told the decision was made based on value for money.
6. Why did you choose our firm over our competitors? What did you find most attractive about our company and/or solution?
Pricing, reliability and quality of service.
7. Did you encounter any challenges implementing our solution, and how did you surmount them?
One issue was that our purchasing system requires a quote to be uploaded before a Purchase Order can be created. Totterdells initially stated they did not provide quotes but now upon request the agents will send us an email summary including price of what we are ordering and this satisfies our system as being an official quote. Without this attached the payment would be affected.
8. What benefits have you experienced from working with us? Has it saved time or money?
It has definitely saved us time, anytime we have our orders in before 3pm we get the device (once in stock) the next day. This turnaround is very good and we have no complaints to make.
9. What other services would you like us to offer?
During busy period (Christmas, new model launches) there can be a wait period. An improvement on this would be welcome but generally we are content with the service.
Our company have always used Totterdells in their 6 years in existence. I have been working with Zimmer for the past 2 years and I’m very content with the service provided. Lyndsey, my contact, is very knowledgeable in her area, always follows up, has great customer service skills and is a credit to your company.